(also Cor Anglais, Oboe d’Amore & Bass Oboe)
The same work is carried out on all oboes regardless of their level of keywork. More advanced instruments require more time due to their more complex mechanisms.
A service includes the following work as standard:
- Complete dismantling & cleaning of mechanism, including removal of pins/pinning screws.
- Removal, cleaning and re-sealing of 8ve boxes.
- Cleaning of body, including inspection of tone holes and cleaning if necessary*.
- Replacement of worn key corks.
- Straightening of bent mechanism*.
- Re-oiling of bore (wooden instruments only).
- Check seating of pads and re-seat as necessary.
- Regulate mechanism to playing order.
|Open Hole Student||£154.00|
|Oboe||Plateau Keys (i.e. S20)||£187.00|
|Full Gillet System||£242.00|
|Oboe d’Amore||Full Gillet System||£264.00|
|Cor Anglais||Plateau Keys (i.e. S20)||£210.00|
|Full Gillet System||£286.00|
|Bass Oboe||Full Gillet System||£POA|
An additional charge will be made for the following work if required:
- Replacement of worn or damaged pads.
- Replacement of worn tenon corks.
- Replacement of crook corks.
- Tightening of loose keywork.
- Replacement of worn pins/pinning screws.
- Repair of damaged tone hole bed places.
- Repair of cracks and re-finishing of body surface.
* If you have had your keywork modified or tuning work carried out, please let me know when dropping off your instrument.