(also Eb Clarinet, Basset Clarinet, Eb Alto Clarinet, Basset Horn, Bb Bass Clarinet (to low Eb & low C), Contra-Alto Clarinet & Contra-Bass Clarinet)
The same basic work is carried out on all clarinets regardless of their standard. A little more work is generally required on wooden instruments than plastic ones to ensure they are airtight.
A service includes the following work as standard:
- Complete dismantling & cleaning of mechanism.
- Cleaning of body, including inspection of tone holes and cleaning if necessary*.
- Replacement of worn key corks.
- Straightening of bent mechanism*.
- Re-oiling of bore (wooden instruments only).
- Check seating of pads and re-seat as necessary.
- Regulate mechanism to playing order.
|Plastic Student (ie B12)||£88.00|
|Clarinet (Bb & A)||Wooden (ie E13, R13…)||£110.00|
|Professional (Prestige, Tosca…)||£120.00|
|Basset Clarinet||Wooden to low C||£198.00|
|Alto Clarinet||Wooden to low Eb||£176.00|
|Basset Horn||Wooden to low C||£242.00|
|Bass Clarinet||Student Plastic to low Eb||£220.00|
|Professional Wooden to low C||£286.00|
|Conor-Bass Clarinet||Wooden or Metal||£POA|
An additional charge will be made for the following work if required:
- Replacement of worn or damaged pads.
- Replacement of worn tenon corks.
- Replacement of crook corks (alto & bass only).
- Tightening of loose keywork.
- Replacement of worn LH pinky key pins
- Repair of damaged tone hole bed places.
- Repair of cracks and re-finishing of body surface.
- Repair of broken keywork.
* If you have had your keywork modified or tuning work carried out, please let me know when dropping off your instrument.